We are all Peers, We are all the Solution!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering or interning for Peer Solutions. Opportunities are designed to meet the needs of each volunteer. Finger print clearance is required for those working with students under the age of 18. Contact Jennifer@PeerSolutions.org with any questions and/or if you would like a volunteer application.
Peer Solutions is seeking volunteers to support weekly peer-led programming during the school year at any of the following sites:
- Camelback High School in Phoenix Wednesdays during lunch
- Guadalupe Boys & Girls Club in Guadalupe Tuesdays after school
- Machan Elementary in Phoenix Mondays after-school
- Marcos de Niza High School in Tempe after school
- North High School in Phoenix Mondays during lunch
- Pan American Charter School in Phoenix Tuesdays during lunch
- South Mountain High School in Phoenix Thursdays during lunch
- Tempe High School in Tempe Tuesdays during lunch
- Westside Community Center in Tempe Thursdays after-school
The time commitment averages 1-3 hours per week per site.
If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering, we have several opportunities in addition to the above. For Example:
1) We are working on a new evaluation project focusing on the impact of our efforts over the past 22 years. We will interview 30-50 participants, write up, publish, and share the impact with hopes it will encourage others to do the same. Perhaps you might like to help?
2) We are working to improve voter registration in marginalized communities.
3) We are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities for elementary age kids. If you have any suggestions, that would be so very appreciated! (Im trying Flottmanns!)
4) We are also looking for a volunteer, volunteer coordinator. But also seeking funding for the same position.
5) Help with special events: can include set up and clean up.
- October - Day at the Capitol
- December - Community Pot Luck
- January - City of Tempe - MLK Diversity Awards Brunch
- March - Shadow a Legislator Days - 2 days
- April - Take Back the Night
- May - End of the school year celebration
- Quarterly Volunteer Projects
Volunteer options include but are not limited to:
- Internship - Participate in an internships for college credit
- Helping with weekly lunch and after-school activities for elementary, middle and high school students in Central and South Phoenix and/or Tempe
- Assisting with monthly Coalition meetings and activities for school, family and community partners including ongoing service projects
- Facilitating prevention workshops with students and staff of any or all ages
- Writing Grants, Obtaining Program Donations of Food and Incentives, Evaluation
- Help manage social media
- Help youth leaders in Tacoma plan, develop, implement, sustain and grow Peer Solutions programming in Tacoma
- Capacity Building – Fundraising, Marketing and Developmen
Fingerprint Clearance Card application
Fill out online application at https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint
Must fill out IVP application (not the regular)
$67 + $8 convenience fee if applying online (Peer Solutions will cover the fee for volunteers.)
If you would like to join our mailing list, please send an email with your name, email address, and affiliation to info@PeerSolutions.org.