We are all Peers, We are all the Solution!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering or interning for Peer Solutions. Opportunities are designed to meet the needs of each volunteer. Finger print clearance is required for those working with students under the age of 18. Contact Jennifer@PeerSolutions.org with any questions and/or if you would like a volunteer application.
Peer Solutions is seeking volunteers to support weekly peer-led programming during the school year at any of the following sites:
- North High School in Phoenix on Mondays during lunch
- Machan Elementary in Phoenix on Mondays after-school
- Tempe High School in Tempe on Tuesdays during lunch
- Pan American Charter School in Phoenix on Tuesdays during lunch
- Westside Community Center in Tempe on Tuesdays or Thursdays after-school
- Camelback High School in Phoenix on Wednesdays during lunch
- South Mountain High School in Phoenix on Thursdays during lunch
- Marcos de Niza High School in Tempe on Thursdays during lunch
The time commitment averages 1-3 hours per week per site.
If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering, we have several opportunities in addition to the above. For Example:
1) We are working on a new evaluation project focusing on the impact of our efforts over the past 22 years. We will interview 30-50 participants, write up, publish, and share the impact with hopes it will encourage others to do the same. Perhaps you might like to help?
2) We are working to improve voter registration in marginalized communities.
3) We are looking for meaningful volunteer opportunities for elementary age kids. If you have any suggestions, that would be so very appreciated! (Im trying Flottmanns!)
4) We are also looking for a volunteer, volunteer coordinator. But also seeking funding for the same position.
5) Help with special events: can include set up and clean up. 2018 Dates Include
March 7 - Hispanic Caucus 11-1:30
March 13 - Shadow a Legislator Day 8-4. Lots of different tasks needed
April 6 - Take Back the Night
April 12 - Mesa Nights- 4-8pm
May 12 - End of the school year celebration
Volunteer options include but are not limited to:
- Internship - Participate in an internships for college credit
- Helping with weekly lunch and after-school activities for elementary, middle and high school students in Central and South Phoenix and/or Tempe
- Assisting with monthly Coalition meetings and activities for school, family and community partners including ongoing service projects
- Facilitating prevention workshops with students and staff of any or all ages
- Writing Grants, Obtaining Program Donations of Food and Incentives, Evaluation
- Help manage social media
- Help youth leaders in Tacoma plan, develop, implement, sustain and grow Peer Solutions programming in Tacoma
- Capacity Building – Fundraising, Marketing and Developmen
Fingerprint Clearance Card application
Fill out online application at https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/fingerprint
Must fill out IVP application (not the regular)
$67 + $8 convenience fee if applying online (Peer Solutions will cover the fee for volunteers.)
If you would like to join our mailing list, please send an email with your name, email address, and affiliation to info@PeerSolutions.org.