"We all want to live in a better world."
Peer Solutions's Current Activities include:
1. Weekly High School Meetings : 1) Mondays: Two North High School lunch meetings, 2) Tuesdays: Tempe High School lunch meetings and two Pan American Charter School lunch meetings, 3) Wednesdays: Two Camelback High School lunch meetings, and 4) Thursdays: two South Mountain High School lunch meetings and Marcos De Niza High School lunch meetings.
2. Weekly High School and Post-Secondary Peer Educator Training & Workshops: held on Thursdays after school during the school year at Westside Community Center in Tempe and Burton Barr Library in Phoenix.
3. Weekly After-School Middle/Elementary School Peer Education Program were held on Mondays in Phoenix at William T. Machan School and on Tuesdays for all Tempe Middle School students at Westside Community Center. Monthly Coalition Meetings were held the last Thursday of the month at the Burton Barr Public Library in Phoenix, 4th Floor, Teen Center 4-5:30 PM. Open to all student, school, family, community partners and friends.
4. Summer Program: Is held two to four days per week at the Local 586 Music Union and Phoenix Public Library.
5. Mesa Nights: Peer Educators facilitate four workshops annually for youth and families addressing Traumatic Brain Injury funded by the Department of Economic Security.
6. Days at the Capitol: are held in October and March 14, 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpj7YTRJ1E March 2017 Day at the Capitol Video: 1 Minute 50 Seconds by John Haas at Haas docs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8X4-hWxMI&feature=youtu.be March 2016 Day at the Capitol Video: 2 Minute answer to saving the planet by Barry Crimmins, Neko Case, STAND & SERVE by John Haas at Haas docs
7. Service Projects: include Arizona Helping Hands, UMOM, St. Mary’s Food Bank, Art Resource Center, Tempe Tardeada, Unity Walk and MLK Junior Celebration and Diversity Awards Banquet
8. Bi-Monthly Peer Solutions Coalition Meetings in Tacoma, Washington. NEW!