"We all want to live in a better world."
Peer Solutions's Current Activities include:
1. Weekly High School Lunch Meetings: 1) Mondays: Two North High School meetings, 2) Tuesdays: Tempe High School meetings and two Pan American Charter School meetings, 3) Wednesdays: Two Camelback High School meetings, and 4) Thursdays: Two South Mountain High School meetings and Marcos De Niza High School meetings.
2. Weekly Afterschool and Summer Peer Education and Leadership Training held on Thursdays afterschool at Westside Community Center Boys & Girls Club and Burton Barr Library in Phoenix.
3. Weekly After-School and Summer School Peer Education Program for middle and elementary school students held on Mondays in Phoenix at William T. Machan School and on Tuesdays for all Tempe Middle School students at Westside Community Center. The summer program Is held two to four days per week at the Local 586 Music Union, Westside Community Center, and Phoenix Public Library.
4. Monthly Coalition Meetings held the last Thursday of the month at the Burton Barr Public Library in Phoenix, 4th Floor, Teen Center 4-5:30 PM. Open to all student, school, family, community partners, and friends.
5. Quarterly Mesa Nights: Peer Educators facilitate four workshops annually for youth and families addressing Traumatic Brain Injury funded by the Department of Economic Security.
6. Bi-Annual Days at the Capitol: are held in October with a focus on preventing domestic and dating violence and in March with a focus on preventing sexual violence and child abuse.
a. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpj7YTRJ1E March 2017 Day at the Capitol Video: 1 Minute 50 Seconds by John Haas at Haas docs
b. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8X4-hWxMI&feature=youtu.be March 2016 Day at the Capitol Video: 2 Minute answer to saving the planet by Barry Crimmins, Neko Case, & Peer Solutions by John Haas
7. Service Projects: include Arizona Helping Hands, UMOM, St. Mary’s Food Bank, Art Resource Center, Tempe Tardeada, Unity Walk, MLK Junior Celebration and Diversity Awards Banquet.
8. On-going training for schools, businesses, and organizations to include workplace harassment, and campaigns including The Guts To Be Good – G2BG and The Arizona Business and Bar Campaign, A.B.B.C..