News and Videos
News from Peer Solutions · Peer Solutions in the News
- In May of 2017, Peer Solutions’ Executive Director and Founder, received the Saguaro Life Time Achievement Award from the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence for her for work to address and prevent sexual and domestic violence.
- In March of 2017, Nora Fayed and Sammee Johnson served on an Arizona School Board Association panel for school staff and administrators. See the mission in action here: http://azednews.com/students-share-how-school-support-helped-them-succeed/
- In March of 2017, S&S presented at the American Indian Disability Summit.
- In January of 2017, four S&S members were recipients a City of Tempe Diversity Award. STAND & SERVE members have received this award for 17 years. http://www.tempe.gov/city-hall/strategic-management-and-diversity/programs-and-events/mlk-diversity-awards-breakfast
- In December of 2016, Peer Solutions makes the Arizona Republic: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2016/12/27/season-sharing-no-small-goal-phoenix-non-profit-empowers-kids-become-world-changers/95871426/
- In December of 2016, Peer Solutions became officially qualified to receive an Arizona Charitable Tax Credit. Couples may now donate up to $800 and individuals up to $400 and they will receive a dollar for dollar tax credit.
- In July of 2016 Presented at the Arizona Child Abuse Prevention Conference with a rare 5/5 rating. In July of 2017, S&S will present at the Conference about how and why engaging youth maximizes prevention efforts.
- In March of 2016 Developed an Adverse Childhood Experiences Prevention Proclamation that was read in the Arizona Senate and House.
- In February of 2016, Peer Solutions Received a 12 WHO CARE award from Channel 12, www.12news.com/news/local/outreach/12-who-care/12-who-care-peer-solutions-2/40324359 ,
- In January of 2016, our program was highlighted in the American Psychological Association’s Psychology of Violence Journal
- In 2016, Peer Solutions students trained providers in Arizona, Kentucky, Florida and Oklahoma.
- Peer Solutions now holds platinum status on Guide Star: https://www.guidestar.org/profile/86-1015729
Peer Solutions Executive Director is awarded the 2017 Lifetime Achievement Saguaro Award from ACESDV
We Love You Doc!
Dr. Eileen Yellin is the original founder of STAND & SERVE in 1996 at Tempe High School. She retired after teaching 30+ years in May of 2016. She was still our club sponsor. Without her, STAND & SERVE would not exist and for the past 20 years she has never left our side. She also founded the best GSA Club ever at Tempe High and she just received the Safe School Award from GLSEN. I will never forget the day she called me and told me that STAND & SERVE set the culture so a GSA club could be possible at THS. It was and still is one of the proudest moments in my career. Her STAND & SERVE club just received a 12 WHO CARE AWARD from Channel 12. A mini documentary at THS was filmed. Click below to learn more. Eileen also received a Guts to Be Good Award March of 2015 and a City of Tempe Diversity Award in 2010.
Eileen Yellin 2015 G2BG Award Winner
In March of 2015, Dr. Eileen Yellin was awarded a Guts To Be Good overall Award winner for her commitment to ensuring all humans are safe and treated equally with respect. She cultivated Safety, Equality and Respect as norms in her heart, home, school, workplaces and community.
One of Eileen's Favorite Quotes: A friend told me that each morning when we get up we have to decide whether we are going to save or savor the world. I don't think that is the decision. It's not an either-or, save or savor. We have to do both, save and savor the world. Kate Clinton