Did you know October was Domestic Violence Prevention Month? Hear from Legislators, Community Partners, and Youth across the valley.
STAND & SERVE Day at the Capitol Time!
October 11, 10:30am-1:30pm
Free & Open To The Public
1700 W. Washington, Room 312, 3rd Floor Governor’s Tower Park Free on the 19th Avenue side and you will go through metal detectors
Emcee: Jordan Darby- S&S Peer Educator 10th Grade, Tempe High School
- 10:30-11:00 Community Resources, live music from Betsy Ganz, Dominic Armstrong, and Jon Rauhouse (twice Grammy nominated, just voted top 50 influential AZ musicians of all time), sign in, get a free raffle ticket, complete bingo, get another and if that’s not enough, you can register to vote, get a library card and have a cup of coffee with a Starbucks treat.
- 11:00-11:20 Welcome by Jordon Darby, Representative Mendez, Isela Blanc & Athena Salman – Community Campaigning
- 11:20-11:30 Tatiana Alvarez, 10TH grader at Tempe High School – S&S update
- 11:30-11:45 Representative Paul Boyer – The Guts To Be Good Winner!
- 11:45-11:50 Marimar Riedel- Rip Tide: South Mountain 9TH Grader & Her Uke
- 11:50-12:00 Jordan Darby - Ending DV by Preventing ACEs + Barry Crimmins2min Video Message by John Haas. A not to be missed situation.
- 12:00-12:10 Betsy Ganz – Circle the City – Volunteer Here!
- 12:10-12:20 G2BG Awards presented by Representative Juan Mendez!
- 12:20-12:30 Free Raffle & Conclusion
- 12:30-1:30 Music, Capitol Tour by the Honorary Representative Mendez & LunchDonated by Green/Nami, Domino’s & Starbucks
Resources, swag and interactive activities provided by: We love you. Thank you.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Child Help/Wings
- Circle the City
- Kaity’s Way
- La Frontera/Empact
- Phoenix Public Library
- STAND & SERVE
- Support My Club
- Tumbleweed/Safe Place
Sponsored by Senator Steve Farley & Az Secretary of State Michele Reagan