Can you imagine a world where all children are safe and treated equitably with respect?
Peer Solutions was founded in 1996.
Our Mission: Kids teaching kids to make the world a better place
Participants, Neko Case, & Billy Bob Thornton 40 Seconds
- Weekly lunch meetings and after-school and summer peer training and workshops,
- Monthly coalition meetings and campus-wide outreach campaigns,
- Quarterly service projects and Mesa Nights - Peer led programming for youth and families addressing Traumatic Brain Injury
- Ongoing Bi-annual Days at the Capitol, annual events, and local/national workshops.
The Guts To Be Good! G2BG is at the heart of all we do! Five things everyone, everywhere, every day can do to make the world a better place!
1- The Guts to Be Respectful
2- The Guts to Be Honest
3- The Guts to Speak-Up
4- The Guts to Be Courteous
5- The Guts to Lend A Hand
Peer Solutions' 8 Minute Documentary
- Youth led & developed
- Year round
- Open to all identities and abilities
- Developed with evidence based strategies across the Social Ecological Model
During the 2016/2017 school year, Peer Solutions served 13,397 youth and 1,223 adults supported by 94 school, community, business, and funding partners.
Peer Solutions now serves 9 sites weekly in Central and South Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona. We have 15 sites on our waiting list and support volunteer programming in South Dakota and Washington State.
2016/2017 Evaluation Highlights
- 92% of participants report demonstrating safety, equity, and respect as norms every day
- 100% of Peer Solutions’ seniors graduate high school
- 82% of participants report being more committed to community service since joining
- 88% of participants report being more honest since joining,
- 91% of participants report being more respectful of self and others since joining
- 96% of participants report improvement in grades since joining.
- 91% of participants report speaking up more for themselves and others since joining,
- 100% of family agreed their student believed they could make the world a better place as compared to 62% before joining.
“Peer Solutions has helped me understand how to think more of others and help others around my home, especially my disabled grandparents.” 12-16
"How has Peer Solutions helped your family?"
- I've better learned how to communicate with them.
- My dad actually said that he was proud of me!
- My mom says that she loves you guys and you guys taught me how to respect more.
- My grandmother is more understanding of me.
- It has helped me because my family cares and loves others even more.
- It's legitimately made us all better people and we're much more aware of what to do.
2+ Decades of…
- Creating safe places
- Cultivating volunteerism
- Providing leadership opportunities
- Helping youth navigate tough times
- Building empathy & healthy relationships
- Improving self-esteem & school performance
"When the futures of millions of children are jeopardized, we all suffer. If we don’t intervene, it’s clear that we all pay the price when children are not successful in school, enter the juvenile justice system, experience physical or mental health problems or grow up to become perpetrators of violence themselves. Our health care, social services, law enforcement, education and other public systems bear the brunt of our failure to prevent this epidemic; and the costs are astronomical." http://us.mediaplanet.com/violence-prevention/futures-at-risk-preventing-childrens-exposure-to-violence