Can you imagine a world where all children are safe
and treated equitably with respect?
Peer Solutions - Neko Case & Billy Bob Thornton 40 Seconds
During the 2016/2017 school year, Peer Solutions served 13,397 youth and 1,223 adults supported by 94 school, community, business, and funding partners.
Our program was piloted in 1997 at Tempe High School with support from the Arizona Department of Health Services.We now serve 9 sites weekly in Central and South Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona and have 12 on our waiting list.
Peer Solutions' 8 Minute Documentary
Peer Solutions was founded in 1996.
Our Mission: Kids teaching kids to make the world a better place
Win 2 VIP Suite Tickets with Free Parking to SOLD OUT Harry Styles on Oct. 14, 2017. $25 per entry.
2+ Decades of…
- Creating safe places
- Cultivating volunteerism
- Providing leadership opportunities
- Helping youth navigate tough times
- Building empathy & healthy relationships
- Improving self-esteem & school performance
Activities are peer led and include:
- Weekly lunch meetings, after-school and summer peer education and mentor training and workshops,
- Monthly coalition meetings and campus-wide outreach campaigns,
- Bi-annual Days at the Capitol, service projects, and potlucks
- The Guts to be Good (G2BG) initiative, five things everyone can do to make the world a better place:
- The guts to be respectful,
- The guts to be courteous,
- The guts to speak up,
- The guts to be honest and
- The guts to lend a hand.
“S&S has helped me understand how to think more of others and help others around my home, especially my disabled grandparents.” 12-16
2016/2017 Evaluation Highlights
- 100% of Peer Solutions’ seniors graduate high school,
- 82% of participants report being more committed to community service since joining.
- 88% of participants report being more honest since joining,
- 91% of participants report being more respectful of self and others since joining.
- 96% of participants report improvement in grades since joining.
- 91% of participants report speaking up more for themselves and others since joining,
- 92% of participants report demonstrating safety, equity and respect as norms every day, &
- 100% of family agreed their student believed they could make the world a better place
"How has Peer Solutions helped your family?"
- I've better learned how to communicate with them.
- My dad actually said that he was proud of me!
- My mom says that she loves you guys and you guys taught me how to respect more.
- My grandmother is more understanding of me.
- It has helped me because my family cares and loves others even more.
- It's legitimately made us all better people and we're much more aware of what to do.
"When the futures of millions of children are jeopardized, we all suffer. If we don’t intervene, it’s clear that we all pay the price when children are not successful in school, enter the juvenile justice system, experience physical or mental health problems or grow up to become perpetrators of violence themselves. Our health care, social services, law enforcement, education and other public systems bear the brunt of our failure to prevent this epidemic; and the costs are astronomical."